We purchased three Heavy Duty Singer Sewing Machines last week and they arrived yesterday! Here are some of the reasons we chose these machines:
- The motor is 60% stronger than the average home sewing machine. This will make it a lot easier to sew through the multiple layers of some of our tote bags.
- These machines have metal frames which will ensure that the machine stays still for skip-free sewing.
- They have the capability of sewing 1,100 stitches per minute.
- It has the SwiftSmart Threading System with automatic needle threader and the drop and sew bobbin system. These make it so much easier to thread the machine!
- It also has a fully automatic 4-step buttonhole maker.
- I can't wait to start training refugee women on how to use these machines and start making bags!
You can make a difference!
Your donation is very important in allowing a new refugee woman start working. Please consider donating today! Thank you!